Yes, however a resident who does not want to have their income and assets assessed will not be eligible for government assistance with their fees and accommodation.
DHS will write to residents seeking income and asset information. If information is not provided, the resident can be asked to pay the maximum means tested care fees based on the cost of their care and an accommodation payment agreed with the home.