Feros Care is excited to be partnering with the NDIS to provide Local Area Coordinator (LAC) services in Mackay and Townsville in late February 2017, helping more people live healthy, fulfilling and connected lives.
As a NDIS LAC, we will help you make the most out of the NDIS by finding out what’s important to you and helping you get the right services in place to support you.
We know one-size-does-not-fit all so your support services will be tailored to help to meet your goals, whether you want to become more involved in the community through sports clubs or local theatre, live more independently or improve your health and wellbeing.
How will NDIS LAC support you?
Your NDIS LAC will:
- meet with you, your family and carer to talk about your current support network
- understand what you want to achieve and develop a plan to help you get there
- help you find and access the best support services to meet your needs
- assist you in managing any issues you face with getting services and support
- link you to information and support in the community so you are included and involved.
We will help you get started with the NDIS and ensure the support is meeting your needs.
To find out more on the role of the LAC, visit the NDIS website or call them on 1800 800 110.
Join our team!
Feros Care is looking for people to join our LAC team.
Our LAC team members will work with people with disability and their families to help link them to NDIS services and other community supports.
Roles in Mackay and Townsville:
- Local Area Coordinator (LAC): Play a central role helping people with disability to live valued, quality and contributing lives by linking them to NDIS services, building relationships and connections within the community and to provide practical means to make this happen.
- Service Area Manager: To provide exemplary leadership, supervision, support and mentoring to the Regional Local Area Coordinator (LAC). This role will ensure the delivery of participant-driven planning and coordination services and community capacity building activities within the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
Roles on the Gold Coast :
- General Manager: To provide exemplary leadership, supervision, support and leadership of the Local Area Coordination (LAC) within the NDIS. This role will ensure the program is operating at optimal levels at all times and managed within applicable contractual frameworks.
- Program Manager: The Program Manager ensures delivery of high quality and contractually compliant Local Area Coordination (LAC) services within the NDIS. Monitoring performance and supporting teams to delivery world class services to people with disability.
- Manager Capacity Building & Stakeholder Manager: To plan, engage and support asset based community driven initiatives that meet the needs of the community in connecting the unconnected. This role will facilitate integrated local community planning and coordination, engaging people with disability and their families, disability service providers and broader community organisations.