Music is the sound track to life.
By giving your loved one Feros Care’s music therapy MemBop, you will enable them to enjoy hours of their favourite music, re-ignite memories, and calm their agitation. It will also provide you with a way of connecting with them.
Recent research has shown exciting results around the positive impact of music to people and that listening to music can have significant benefits to a person’s wellbeing.
If you aren’t convinced of the incredible benefits a MemBop will provide, we encourage you to watch this ABC Catalyst program – but be warned you will need some tissues! The changes that music made to these people’s lives is more than heart-warming. http://bit.ly/MusicOnTheBrain
What is a MemBop?
MemBop is all about bringing back renewed joy and pleasure in rediscovering music that matters in the form of an iPod shuffle with a personalised playlist.
There is growing evidence that personalised music enables people with dementia to reconnect with the world and to rediscover pleasure. Some of the key benefits are:
- Encourages engagement with family, carers & others
- Stimulates memory
- Improves mood
- Calms anxieties
- Alleviates sleeplessness
- Enhances physical activity
- Increases cooperation
- Improves attention
- Encourages participation
MemBop Package Price & Inclusions
- Price: $360.00
That is less than $1.30 a day for your loved one to re-ignite music and memories.
- iPod Shuffle
- *$100 of iTunes music (used to preload 10 albums of your favourite songs onto your MemBop)
- Comfortable on-ears headphones
- MemBop is setup and delivered straight to your loved one
* 10 albums of songs (approximately 150 songs) that are meaningful are preloaded for the MemBop recipient.
Q: What evidence is there that personalised music really benefits people with dementia
A: Personalised music programs have been implemented across the US and Canada since 2006 in aged care for people with dementia. Regular evaluations of the impact of these programs by staff and carers showed over 70% of the residents benefited from the program. Over 90% of responding professionals said they would recommend the program.
Q: Is the MemBop only appropriate for people in the early stages of dementia?
A: MemBop will be beneficial to people in every stage of dementia
Q: What happens if the iPod or headphones are lost/stolen?
A: Feros Care will NOT replace the missing iPod or headphones.
Q: Do I need a computer to participate?
A: You do not need a computer to participate. We will load selected music for your loved ones and post it to them.
Q: How do you choose the playlist for the iPod?
A: We encourage that you work with your loved ones to find out the type of music they would enjoy. Some questions to get the conversation started with your loved ones:
- What music did you listen to when you were young?
- Did you sing at religious services and what were your favourite hymns or music?
- Did you enjoy going to musicals? Which ones?
- Do you still have any records or tapes that were favourites? What are they?
- What was your favourite performer, group, band or orchestra?
- Can you hum any of your favourites?
- What songs did you dance to at your wedding?