Feros Care’s Health and Wellness team provides a range of programs, therapies and services to maximise independence and support you to remain active, healthy and socially connected. Our qualified and experienced Wellness team provide a mobile service to you wherever you are in your own home, at our Wellness clinics, within residential and retirement villages or via our new video conferencing technologies.
The types of service provided will depend on your needs and healthy living goals. We recognise and celebrate your unique strengths and capabilities when designing and delivering your individual service. Our Wellness team of professionals will go through a comprehensive assessment with you to help determine what your goals are and how you can achieve a healthier and more active lifestyle.
Our flexible services include Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Sport Physiology, Occupational Therapy and a range of social, mobility, pain management and falls prevention programs.
We also provide group programs that only improve your strength and balance but allow you to have lots of fun and meet new friends!
The aim of our Health and Wellness service is to assist you to remain living independently and confidently in your home, provide rehabilitation and recovery from injury and assist you to overcome an illness or learn to live with a disability.
Click here to see if Feros provides this service is in your area.
Currently we are offering the following services on the Gold Coast, Far and Mid North Coast NSW and Illawarra:
Physiotherapy assessment, treatment, mobility training and prescription of mobility aids to reduce falls and promote mobility
Exercise physiology assessment, treatment and prescription of exercise to enhance function, build strength, improve balance and increase mobility
Occupational Therapy assessment, treatment programs, home modifications and aids to assist with your daily living tasks, splinting services, all provided with a focus on improved independence, community participation and safety
Strong Foundations our home based falls prevention and mobility program
Forever Young our group exercise program
Podiatry treatment, footwear prescription and education to reduce falls and improve mobility.
- Feros Care’s unique Byron Model’ a model of care which ensures a wholistic wellness approach to healthy active ageing
- Essential Allied Health interventions that aim to build personal capacity, strength and confidence
- Focus on safe home environments and individualised Falls Prevention strategies
- Comprehensive Health Assessments and supported access to available funded health programs
- Positive Can Do’ approach to goal setting and personal planning
- Great personalised Welcome Kit’ for all new clients specific to their new package
- Telecare inclusions that bring peace of mind with state of the art technology solutions
- Priority access to other Feros Care community, respite and residential care services
- Professional and qualified staff passionate about assisting people live independently at home
- Use of research and best practice guidelines to ensure appropriately responsive services
- Environmentally aware business culture committed to sustainable resource use
- Streamlined contact through the international award-winning Community Gateway
Think about what support you need to continuing living at home. What everyday activities are becoming difficult for you? Discuss your needs with your family and friends to get their opinion.
Ring our Health and Wellness Team on 1300 085 181. We will help you understand your service options, any eligibility requirements and make the necessary assessments.
Our friendly Health and Wellness staff will answer any questions you may have about the service including fees and service planning. Discuss your decision with family and friends or with your Care Manager if you are already a Feros Care client.
Book the type and frequency of service you need with our Health and Wellness staff or your Feros Care Manager.
Prepare to receive the professional services you need to stay at home and look forward to an improved quality of life.
- Friendly volunteers providing home visiting and social support
- ‘Virtual’ volunteers talking to you via Skype or the phone
- Planned social activities and outings
- Weekly shopping trips
Feros Care Allied Homehealth services can be:
- Included in government care packages (dependent on availability and inclusion allowances)
- Supported by the government funded CHSP program
- Rebated by Medicare
- Rebated by the Department of Veteran’s Affairs
- Rebated by private health
- Privately funded
Payment of fees is made easy using our mobile Medicare Easy Claim machine. The machine bulk bills Medicare claims or payment is possible with a swipe of your EFTPOS or credit card. A direct debit arrangement where fees are deducted monthly from a nominated bank account is also available.