At Feros we are passionate about your wellbeing and helping you get the most out of life. We can provide all the support to help you get back to feeling like you again.
What is Short Term Restorative Care (STRC)?
It is designed to help you recover from an injury or illness, improve your wellbeing and help you to stay independent.
The program will be run in the comfort of your own home or in the community over an eight week period and will help to get you back on your feet. You are in the driver’s seat with this program – you set goals on what you want to achieve and we work with you to develop a plan with you on how to get there.
We have a range of programs that we will match against your goals to find the right one for you. Over the eight weeks we will get you moving, help you feel strong, healthy and happy.
Who is eligible?
It is ideal for people who are goal orientated and want to return to an earlier or improved level of function. To be eligible you must:
- Be referred to My Aged Care (by anyone) and assessed by Aged Care Assessment Team
- Not have been in hospital in the 3 months before the date of assessment
- Not have received Transitional Care in the 6 months before the assessment
- Not in receipt of a Home Care Package or Residential Aged Care services
- Not receiving end of life care
- Can have two episodes of STRC in 12 months
- Can be receiving CHSP, DVA or NDIS services
We offer a range of different activities that are proven to improve your wellbeing including hydrotherapy, exercise, psychology, nutrition, yoga, podiatry and more.
To find out what programs are available in your area contact us on 1300 763 583
Download our list of Restorative Programs
Feros Care provides STRC Services in the following regions:
- Grampians (from Mid May 2017)
- West Moreton (from Mid May 2017)
- Logan (from Mid May 2017)
- Gold Coast (from July 1st 2017)
- Darling Downs (from July 1st 2017)
What is included in Government funding?
Government funding for STRC is equivalent of $197 a day for a maximum of eight weeks.
The cost to you is equivalent to 17.5% of a single aged pension. This works out to approximately $10 a day ($141.10 per fortnight from 20 March 2017 to 19 September 2017).
How does the Government approval process work?
To get approved for services, you need to register with the Government’s My Aged Care. If you phone us on 1300 763 583, we can complete a referral to My Aged Care to get the process started.
There are five main steps in the process
See What People
are Saying about Us
Thanks to Feros, I can now stay in my home with confidence. All the staff are so kind, reliable and they make you feel that you have a friend visiting.
Mrs B, Pottsville NSW