We all think we have a book or two in us. Divulge a sneak peak of your big story for a chance to win a prize pack that any book lover would drool over.
Feros Care is hosting the Write Your Next Chapter competition to celebrate its fifth year as a major sponsor of Byron Writers Festival. Tell us a book title in six words or less about your next chapter, defining the best life you aspire to!
You could win a trip to the 2018 Byron Bay Writers Festival, including a 3-day festival double pass. You’ll also get a $400 Webjet voucher and two nights’ Byron Bay accommodation. Plus an opening night double pass and 10 author-signed books!
To enter, simply submit your post below.
Enter as many times as you like!
– Terms and Conditions of Entry –
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Terms and Conditions of Entry. Entry into this competition deems acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter?
- Subject to clause 4, entry is open to all residents of Australia, as of the date of entry, and who have fulfilled the requirements set out below (‘Eligible Entrants’).
- Employees, and their immediate families, of the Promoter and associated agencies and companies, contractors or individuals are eligible to enter this competition. The Promoter is Feros Care (ABN 50 104 452 271) of Level 3, Suite 303, The Strand, 72-80 Marine Pde, Coolangatta 4225 (‘Promoter’).
How to enter
- Entrants may enter this competition during the Promotional Period (defined below) by visiting the website feroscare.com.au/yournextchapter to submit your post.
- Inaudible, incomprehensible, illegible, and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
Open, Close, Draw and Publish dates
- The competition commences 4 August 2017 at 8:00 AEST and closes 11 September 2017 at 20:00 AEST (‘Promotional Period’). Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
- The winning entry will be selected by the promoters based on skill. This will be conducted at the promoter’s premises Level 3, Suite 303, The Strand, 72-80 Marine Parade, Coolangatta 4225 on 12 September 2017 at 11:00 AEST. The Promoter will ensure that all entries have an equal chance of winning the prize.
- The winner will be notified by email or via Facebook within two business days of the draw. Their name will also be published on com.aufrom 14 September 2017 for 28 days.
- Prizes will be sent within 14 days of the draw.
- The Promoter may conduct such further draws on 28 September 2017 at the same time and place as the original draw in order to distribute any prizes unclaimed by this date, subject to State and Territory legislation. The winner of any further draws will be notified by email within two business days of the draw. Their name will also be published feroscare.com.au from 28 September 2017 for 28 days.
Prize on offer
- Total prize value is up to $1,720 (Including GST), as at 24/05/2017.
The prizes on offer are:
- Two x 3 Day Passes to Byron Writers Festival 2018 valued at up to $570
- Two Feros Care Grow Bold T-Shirts valued at $50.
- Accommodation in Byron Bay for two people on Friday August 4 and Saturday August 5, 2018 valued at $700.
- Two tickets to the Festival Opening Night event, merchandise pack, and free parking valued at $100.
- Book pack valued at $300.
- The winners are responsible for all other expenses including flights/ transport to and from the Prize Event, transfers, drinks, incidentals, mini-bar, laundry, room service, telephone calls, activities, gratuities, services charges, travel insurance, pre and post accommodation, optional activities or excursions and all other ancillary costs.
- Prize must be taken to coincide with the 2018 Byron Writers Festival.In the event a winner does not take the prize by the time stipulated, then the entire prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
- By entering this competition, and by collecting a prize, the winner acknowledges and accepts that driving, travel and any other activities comprising the prize, are inherently dangerous and may result in death, injury, incapacity, damage to property or other losses. The Promoter is not responsible for any acts of god, such as adverse weather conditions or industrial action or civil commotion that may occur whilst the winner is travelling. It is the responsibility of the prize-winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations prior to travel. The Promoter does not guarantee that the winner will enjoy the travel prize or be suited to the type of travel prize that is offered.
- The Promoter makes no guarantee that the celebrities, actors and/or production staff associated with the prize will be present during the visit. Even if those people are present, the winner will not necessarily meet with any of them. Travel must be taken to coincide with the timing of the event, on a date to be determined by Byron Writers Festival. During the visit the winner must abide by, and ensure his or her companions abide by all reasonable requests of the Promoter and program producer. Failure to comply may result in immediate and unconditional removal of the winner from the premises. All entrants agree that if they win the prize, they will not, and their companions will not, sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs to any media or other organisation, including the internet. Photographs will be allowed only at the discretion of the program producers and the celebrity.
- The event organisers may amend the program of the Festival at any time without notice.
- Once delivered, tickets will not be refunded or exchanged, and lost or stolen tickets will not be replaced.
- If, due to circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the event organisers, such as an act of God (including adverse weather conditions), an act of terrorism, or other security issue, it is necessary to cancel some or all of the Festival program, the event organisers may do so and, unfortunately, no refund will be given.
- Participation in the Festival and entry to the Festival site is at the winner’s own risk.
- No commercial activity may be conducted, and no written material or goods of any description handed out or otherwise distributed, at the Festival site without the express permission of the event organisers.
- No photograph or audio or video recording may be taken at the Festival site, other than for private non-commercial purposes, without the express permission of the event organisers.
- The event organisers may refuse admission to the Festival site, and eject from the Festival site, any person whose behaviour is inappropriate or a threat to public safety.
- The winner must bring their ticket for entry to the Festival site and must wear their pass throughout the period they are at the Festival site.
- The event organisers reserves the right to examine and search all bags (including handbags), parcels and packages which are brought, or proposed to be brought, onto the Festival site, and to effect such other security measures as are reasonably necessary to protect the Festival site.
- The event organisers may amend or vary their terms and conditions at any time and that amendment will take effect from the time the amended terms and conditions are placed on the Festival website (com). Winners are advised to review the event organiser’s terms and ensure that they comply during their visit to the festival.
Further Terms and Conditions
- Any entrant found to have used a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf will have all entries invalidated and any claim they have to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any prize awarded. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
- Any entrant found to be entering incorrect contact details, including incorrect email contact details, will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any prize awarded. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
- If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State and Territory legislation. Cash will not necessarily be awarded as a substitute. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
- The Promoter highly recommends a current residential street address be provided when requested for ease of correspondence and potential prize delivery. The Promoter makes all reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. The Promoter cannot guarantee that any prizes returned to the Promoter due to non-delivery at the provided address will be re-sent to the prize winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to sign a winner’s deed of release or any other relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter deems necessary, to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (including phone bill) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to conduct a redraw in the event that an entrant, claiming to be a winner, is unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions or has breached these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is subject to State and Territory legislation but also final and binding on each person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. Prizes are subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and, with the exception of cash prizes, cannot be taken as cash. Prizes will be sent to the winner’s nominated address as stated in their original entry. The Promoter and their associated agencies, and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
Privacy Collection statement
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
- All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter who may publish or cause to be published any of the entries received.
- In participating in the prizes, the winners agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners (and their companions) agree to granting the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including online social networking sites, and the winners (and their companions) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- Prize-winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of that prize.
- The Promoter (subject to State and Territory legislation) reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition. In particular, computer generation and use “scripting” is not permitted and will not be accepted.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or (f) use of a prize The Promoter (including its’ officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits or opportunity), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition including taking or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law), including the Non-Excludable guarantees. Any change in value of the prize occurring between the publishing date and date the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the Promoter.