In aged care, the ‘RAC’ is a Refundable Accommodation Contribution. This is a lump sum payment towards your Residential Aged Care Accommodation Payment in which you cover part of the cost and the government contributes the rest. It's different from a Refundable Accommodation Deposit (RAD), which is also a lump sum payment towards your Accommodation Payment, but you make the contribution rather than the government.

If you need help making sense of RACs, RADs, your Accommodation Payment options and our residential villages in Byron Bay, Wommin Bay and Bangalow, contact Feros Care on 1300 090 256.