Home / FAQ / Residential Aged Care / Can Resident Refuse DHS Means Assessment?

Can Resident Refuse DHS Means Assessment?

Yes, however a resident who does not want to
have their income and assets assessed will not be
eligible for government assistance with their fees and

DHS will write to residents seeking income and
asset information. If information is not provided, the
resident can be asked to pay the maximum means tested
care fees based on the cost of their care and
an accommodation payment agreed with the home.

Ask a Feros Care expert
Who would you like to talk to?
Disability Support expert 9am - 4pm (AEST) Monday to Friday