With our Diabetes Advisory services, there are many ways we can assist. From daily self-care, long-term management, pre-diabetes support, prevention and education, we’re here to help ensure that you can continue living your life just how you like to.
How it works
Our credentialed Diabetes Educators will work with you to understand your lifestyle, your diagnosis and what is important to you. They are experts in working through all different types of diabetes and will help you develop a plan and lifestyle changes to reach your highest potential.
How we can support
There are so many different ways in which we can help, including:
- creating personalised diabetes management plans
- providing information on the latest diabetes technology
- understanding and explaining your medication
- administering insulin or injections
- monitoring blood sugar
- explaining potential risks and complications of diabetes
- referring to allied health professionals
- helping you connect with specialist services where needed
- pre-diabetes support/prevention/education programs
Is there a cost for the program?
Diabetes Advisory service can be arranged under all community aged care funding programs including – Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP), Home Care Package (HCP) and Short-Term Restorative Care (STRC). There will be a client contribution cost involved for services arranged under CHSP. For services provided via your HCP or STRC program, this will be paid out of your budget for support.
Speak to our friendly customer experience team on 1300 090 256 or your wellbeing manager for further information about costs involved.