Feros Care Ltd (“Feros Care“) is committed to protecting your personal information.
Feros Care is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), including the Australian Privacy Principles (APP’s“).
However, acts done or practices engaged in by Feros Care, which are directly related to:
- a current or former employment relationship between Feros Care and you; and
- an employee record held by Feros Care and relating to you,
are exempt from the Privacy Act, including the APP’s.
This policy sets out how Feros Care manages your personal information.
Feros Care may collect and hold information about a range of persons it comes into contact with, including:
- clients, prospective clients, business associates and their employees;
- job applicants;
- suppliers and their employees;
- contractors; and
- individuals who visit the Feros Care web site.
Feros Care only collects and holds personal information that is necessary for it to provide you with the services you are seeking, or otherwise to enable it to operate its business so as to carry out its function as a provider of aged and community care services.
The personal information Feros Care collects and holds about you depends on your interaction with Feros Care. It may include:
- your contact details, including your name, organisation, occupation, job title, address, phone number, facsimile number and email address;
- details of your qualifications, membership of professional associations, interests and expertise;
- referral information;
- information you give Feros Care in the course of your relationship with Feros Care as a client, prospective client, prospective employee or supplier;
- information Feros Care obtains from you or other persons in the course of providing services for you or your employer;
- where necessary, financial information; and
- where necessary, health information.
Generally, Feros Care will collect and hold your personal information for the purpose of:
- providing services to you or someone else you know;
- providing you with information about other services that Feros Care offers that may be of interest to you;
- providing you with information relevant to the operation of our business;
- facilitating Feros Care’s internal business operations, including the fulfilment of any legal requirements;
- analysing Feros Care’s services and customer needs with a view to developing new and/or improved services;
- contacting you, in the case of an emergency involving someone else you know; and
- contacting you to provide a testimonial for Feros Care.
Personal information will generally be collected by Feros Care directly from you. There may, however, be some instances where personal information about you will be collected indirectly because it is unreasonable or impractical to collect personal information directly from you. We will usually notify you about these instances in advance, or where that is not possible, as soon as reasonably practicable after the information has been collected.
If the personal information you provide to Feros Care is incomplete and/or inaccurate, Feros Care may be unable to provide you, or someone else you know, with the services you, or they, are seeking.
When you access Feros Care’s web site, Feros Care may collect additional personal information about you in the form of:
- the date and time of your visit;
- the pages you visited and documents downloaded;
- your internet service provider;
- if you accessed the web site via a link from another site (such as a search engine), the address of the web site you came from; and
- your IP address (that is, the single numerical address for your computer on the internet, which consists of four consecutive numbers ranging between 0 and 255) and/or domain name (that is, the textual address for your location on the internet which corresponds to your IP address, which the internet computers can read).
Cookies do not identify you personally, but they may link back to a database record about you.
Use and disclosure
Generally, Feros Care only uses and/or discloses personal information about you for the purposes for which it was collected (as set out above). However, Feros Care may disclose personal information about you to:
- where you ask us for a referral, other providers of aged and community care services;
- service providers, who assist Feros Care in operating its business, but only to the extent necessary for the service provider to provide the services Feros Care has contracted out to them;
- your authorised representatives;
- a purchaser of the assets and operations of Feros Care’s business, providing those assets and operations are purchased as a going concern; and
- Feros Care’s related entities (if any).
Feros Care stores your personal information in different ways, including in paper and in electronic form. The security of your personal information is important to Feros Care. Feros Care takes all reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information is stored safely to protect it from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including electronic and physical security measures.
You may access personal information Feros Care holds about you, upon making a written request. Feros Care will endeavour to acknowledge your request within 14 days of its receipt and to provide you with access to the information requested within 30 days. Requests for large amounts of information, or information not currently in use, may require further time before a response can be given. Feros Care may charge you a reasonable fee for processing your request.
Feros Care may decline a request for access to personal information where, among other things:
- providing access would pose a serious threat to the life or health of an individual;
- providing access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals;
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
- the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between Feros Care and you, and the information would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings;
- providing access would reveal information about a commercially sensitive decision making process;
- providing access would be unlawful;
- denying access is required or authorised by or under law;
- providing access would prejudice negotiations between Feros Care and you;
- providing access would be likely to prejudice an investigation of possible unlawful activity; or
- providing access would be likely to prejudice the activities of enforcement bodies.
If, upon receiving access to your personal information or at any other time, you believe the personal information Feros Care holds about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please notify Feros Care immediately. Feros Care will take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up to date. If Feros Care disagrees with you about whether your personal information is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, and you ask Feros Care to associate with your personal information a statement claiming that your personal information is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, Feros Care will take reasonable steps to do so.
Feros Care will provide reasons for any decision to refuse access to, or correction of, personal information.
Links to other web sites
Feros Care’s web site may contain links to other web sites. Feros Care is not responsible for the privacy practices of linked web sites and so linked web sites are not subject to Feros Care’s privacy policies and procedures.
Street address: Level 3, The Strand 72-80 Marine Pde, COOLANGATTA QLD 4225 (please attention Privacy Officer)
Postal address: Locked Bag 1, COOLANGATTA QLD 4225 (please attention Privacy Officer)
Email address: email@example.com (please attention Privacy Officer)
Telephone: 07 5669 0555
Facsimile: 07 5536 7520 (please attention Privacy Officer)
For more information about privacy in general, you can visit the Federal Privacy Commissioner’s web site at www.privacy.gov.au.