The Healthy Me, Healthy Community program is looking for volunteers to help people feel more connected to their community by providing support, maximising quality of life and reducing social isolation.
One hour a week over four weeks can make a huge difference to the life of someone else. A helping hand, a listening ear, and a friendly smile can all make a someone feel more socially connected and inspire them to reconnect with their community.
Why volunteer with Healthy Me, Healthy Community?
- Know you will be an integral part of a life changing opportunity to those most vulnerable in our community who are experiencing loneliness and anxiety.
- Share a hobby or interest you love, learn new skills and create a better work-life balance.
- Feel a part of your local community.
- Bring fun and fulfillment to your life.
- Gain invaluable work experience.
How could I help?
The Healthy Me, Healthy Community program is tailored to individual needs. This means that activities are varied and how you can help will look different for each person.
You could spend your time:
- Helping people rediscover their passions.
- Actively join in during social outings and provide any assistance that may be required.
- Provide company to people during activities such as walking, fishing, yoga, meditation, bingo, dance, book clubs and library visits.
Help people like Sonia
“I’ve become rather shy over the last two years due to COVID-19, cooped up at home. It’s really no good for my mental health. Feros Care has really brought me out and given me more confidence to get back into the things I love.”
Sonia, social prescribing program participant